Thursday, May 17, 2018

Run Streak Day 50

Dang it! I keep writing these blogs and falling sleep before I add the picture, but who wants a blog without a picture?

This is the weather I was looking for when we switched to early mornings. It is still May after all. With threats of rain overnight, I wasn't sure we were going to get it in, but, of course, the weather report was wrong and we got a nice, breezy sunrise run.

I'm still breaking in my new shoes. Since I've never been running the amount of miles that I am currently running when getting new shoes, I'm not one hundred percent how to do this, so I'm just letting my body tell me what to do. It's difficult to tell the difference between strength training muscle soreness and new shoe muscle soreness, but I think I'm liking the new shoes. Four miles run today, four consistently paced miles that felt pretty good. If I had realized it was Run Streak Day 50, I probably would have pushed for five miles. It's probably best that I didn't, but still.

Henri was enjoying himself. While he was sniffing around quite a bit due to some drizzle, he's also enjoying the pace that we've been keeping. I'm sure he's thrilled with the cooler AM temps as well. He's having fun and that's what matters the most. 


No comments:

Post a Comment