Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Lights Lighting Our Way

We were not able to go for a run last week. It was disappointing, but it was really windy on Monday, and Wednesday, my husband was off so Henri had just gotten back from the park when I got home and would have taken him for a run. If it had been a few hours, he would have been fine, but I didn't want to push him. Then the retail world sucked me in so when I wasn't trying to catch up on sleep, we were at the park. In just that one week, I lost my motivation and it was hard to get it back to go on a run today. It might have had something to do with it going from 50's and 60's this weekend to the 20's as well.

There was something that helped inspire the run today. Christmas lights are going up all around the neighborhood, so, even though the cold wind was blowing (Really, is this wind ever going to stop?), we could run within the neighborhood and be protected by the houses with the pretty lights.

The downside to running within the neighborhood rather than around it is it's a shorter run. It's just under 2 miles, which is what I'm consistently running on my ankle right now. I'd like to keep extending that, but it is winter. I can give myself a break. I could probably find another block to loop around or something, but I honestly might get lost.

I enjoyed to lights. Henri didn't really seem to notice until we ran past a house with a blow up Santa in the  yard. He watched it suspiciously, but it wasn't moving this time so we ran by without any incident. (See? Protected from the wind.)

That one week off made my ankle ache more than it has in awhile. I might need to go to the gym if it gets too icy or cold for us to go on runs, just to keep working on my ankle. That's disappointing. If Henri wouldn't be afraid of a treadmill, I'd get one for each of us, so we could still run together, in the comfort on our own home.

Here is a picture from our run tonight. Of course, it's dark, but we are wearing our own Christmas lights. I'm disappointed that the Polar Paws 5k that Henri and I were going to run this Saturday was cancelled due to low sign-ups. I was really looking forward to the holiday part of it all. Being in retail, it's hard to keep up the Christmas spirit. Hopefully, or festively lit runs will carry me through.








No comments:

Post a Comment