Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Rain, Rain and More Rain

Seriously, I know it's been all about the weather lately, but it's so confused! I guess it's great that temperatures are above average. (I don't know if that's actually true, but it seems like it, especially after last year.) Instead of snow, we just keep getting rain. Lots and lots of rain. I guess it's better than having to worry about ice or snow covered sidewalks, but it's still annoying when we can't run. It wasn't too bad yesterday when I got off work, but it was misting and I didn't think that it would be very enjoyable for Henri, and it's ultimately about him so we opted out.

Today would normally be a dog park day, but I had an appointment right after work so it was dark before I got home. Of course, with the weather changing back and forth, I'm now getting a cold. It's just a runny nose right now, but that's not exactly helpful when running in the cold. I also felt kinda icky today, but for some reason, moving around actually felt better than sitting around. So Henri, my nose and I went for a run. Ew, gross! Actually, I thought it would be much worse.

Of course, now our schedule is all out of whack. I am not supposed to run consecutive days so we can't run tomorrow as we normally we. Maybe it will rain. That will make it feel okay. Or maybe I'll feel really icky. Not as okay, but still helpful.

I accidentally forgot to wear my ankle wrap when we went out today. I didn't notice it till we were walking back up to the house. What I did notice was that my ankle and foot didn't hurt at all. It hurt quite a bit after our run last week so this was a welcome change. In fact, last week it hurt until I took off the ankle wrap, which I usually keep on for a bit after to keep my ankle compressed. Suddenly, the pain went away. I'm wondering if the wrap is doing more harm than good. I might have to email that sports physical therapist.

I'm still pretty disappointed that we didn't get to do our Polar Paws 5k this past weekend, especially since every weekend since they've cancelled it has been in the mid to upper 30's, if not higher. Way to go, people! Low sign-up due to cold weather. Wusses! Yeah, I'm bitter. I waited a whole year for this! I had some super cute outfits planned for Henri and I! Now I have to hope that they'll work out for next year. Crossing our fingers and paws! (Next year there will probably be a blizzard!) 

I should have planned my own virtual Polar Paws! Not that I have that many followers, so it still might have just been me and Henri participating, but I should have thought of that! Next year, if it's cancelled again, I'm doing it. Somehow, I'm doing it. Stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment