Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Years Eve

Yes, it is barely 20 degrees outside, but I could not, with good conscious, go into the new year knowing that I made excuses for not going on a run with Henri tonight.

Really, it wasn't that bad. We ran through the neighborhood rather than around the outside, to avoid the wind chill. I have a feeling it would have been much different had we run the outside. It probably would have taken me longer to warm up, but maybe I wouldn't have been so uncomfortable when we got back inside. I was literally tearing off my clothes. I was still too hot after changing so I stood outside for a little bit. So, I'll have to figure out the proper amount of layers for each degree of temperature. At least I didn't have to worry about where to put my gloves.

Since we went a different route tonight, I didn't have my usual markers to know when to walk, but I knew this route was shorter so as long as my ankle felt okay, I was running the whole thing. I did and it felt really good to be able to run the whole run. If we can continue to get two runs in a week, maybe I can be back to my three miles by the spring and start working on the speed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment