Monday, December 29, 2014

New Threads

I was able to take one of the new running outfits I received for Christmas for a spin tonight. This one is C9 from Target, part of their Always Be Seen Collection. Both the pants and the shirt are reflective so we can be seen better at night. We do both wear our LED lights, but it never hurts to have more visibility! The best part about this outfit is, it's blue! Yeah, okay, all of the running clothes I got were blue. I have an obsession. I'm also OCD so all of my stuff matches and I can mix and match as the weather changes.

Another new addition to our running experience is my new FlipBelt (in blue, of course). This was a prize in the virtual 5k we participated in this fall. I was really hoping to win it, but I knew if I didn't, I still needed one. I didn't win it so, it was in fact added to my Christmas list. I'm so excited! It will come in handy in the spring and summer, when I don't have pockets, but it gives me more versatility in my outfits now, too. I don't have to worry about wearing a jacket that has pockets. It all fits in this belt! I felt ten pounds lighter not having to wear my jacket and not having things bounce around in the pockets. I didn't have a place to put my gloves once my hands warmed up, but I can figure that out.

Feeling lighter and feeling cool in my new suit, we ran a little faster tonight. It was new stuff, it was fun and Henri knew I felt good so, he felt good. It wasn't a lot faster, but I could tell a difference in the pace. I had to focus on my breathing towards the end and I got stitches in my side so I didn't push the last block just to work out my ankle. I'll do that later this week. 



Check out my MySpace Selfie! Kickin' it old school with the camera angle. For some reason all of my MySpace pictures only showed one of my eyes. I had to stay true to that. Anyway, cute blue outfit and fuzzy accessory. My husbands comment upon our return home and seeing me (and after Henri sprinted around excitedly because he was so happy with our run) was, "Whoa. Look at the fancy outfit!" That's right. I have reflectors. I am fancy. (And blue!)

No comments:

Post a Comment