Saturday, April 18, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 16: Quizzical

I will begin this post the same as Christina from The Lazy Pit Bull did, with the definition of quizzical. Quizzical is defined as "showing that you do not understand something or that you find something strange or amusing". 

Ah, the adorable head tilt! The one Henri does when I play YouTube videos of husky's talking and when my husband gets raisins out of the container. The one that he refused to do this week because I was trying to take a picture of it! I believe that Webster further defines quizzical as "mildly teasing or mocking". Well played, Henri. Well played.

Seeing as how I had attempted to recreate situations that he normally tilts his head with no reaction, I decided to try to create a new one. I asked my husband if I could use his iphone to download the Barkcam app (because I have an Android phone and it is not available for Android). If you are not familiar with Barkcam, it's similar to instagram with filters and such, but it plays sounds that catch your pups attention and gets them to look at the camera. Of course, my hope was that with the sounds, I could confuse Henri enough to be "quizzical". The word 'quizzical' is actually in one of the reviews!

"the sounds the app makes just ahead of firing the shutter actually do work to get your dog looking straight into the frame, possibly with a quizzical inclination of their canine head."

I do love how Barkcam gets Henri to look at the camera. Obviously, if you use the sounds too much, your dog will probably realize where the sounds are coming from and stop looking, but other than that, it definitely works. Well, except for getting Henri to do that head tilt. That still didn't work. Yeah, but, um, there is another feature of Barkcam. Stickers!


I find this amusing. And Henri has a slight head tilt. We'll call that a win. Barkcam can really come out for Android now.


3 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the dreaded photo apps. We rarely use those, instead I have to actually wear the crazy stuff, but I don't mind. Very cute quizzical photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I probably would have never began my silly pet photo hobby had it not been for all those nutty apps... !

    ReplyDelete