Thursday, April 30, 2015

Kiss and Make Up

Today did not start out so well for Henri and I. Henri and the neighbor dog got in a fight through the fence. It's not really much of a fight because they cannot get to each other through the small cracks in the fence, but it's a lot of noise, which is really not cool at 6am. I'm already disappointed that I have to go outside and break up this fight, but in doing this, Henri inadvertently bites me. He didn't mean to of course and it didn't really break skin, but it hurt, A LOT! I don't know why it hurt as much as it did, he must have hit it just right because I'm starting to do my thing where I pass out from pain. Again, not cool. 

I am supposed to be getting ready for work and even though I'm laying down on the couch, I can not get this to go away, which is also abnormal. Maybe I shouldn't have fought it and just let myself pass out, but I don't know that Henri would have let me pass out anyway as he was all up in my face apologizing. Thank you, Henri, but I do not want your apology right now. I've got a cold sweat going on and fuzzy vision, please, just go away. He reluctantly did retreat to upstairs for a short time. When all this passed and I was finally able to continue getting ready for work, he came back down, but watched me from the hallway, knowing I was upset with him.

So, now my body is all wonky and off-kilter because of the near passing out and the only real way to reset it is to take a nap. I have no time for a nap. I have work to do and I was planning on taking Henri for a run this afternoon since it was cooler and a heat up is coming this weekend. This is not how I wanted my day to go! I go to get my shoes, walking by Henri in the hallway. He wags his tail and it's really hard to stay mad at him, though my finger still hurts and a little swollen. I still give him his goodbye treat as I walk out the door, patting him on the head, though I only gave him kibble because I just couldn't give him good stuff after all that.

This afternoon, my finger is fine. The swelling is mostly gone and I seem to be feeling better. Henri has apparently taken out some of his feelings on his favorite monkey which now has his arm removed and stuffing is EVERYWHERE. Seriously, I don't know how that much stuffing came out of that one toy. It looked like multiple toys had exploded all over the living room. He was also ready for a run.

You know that feeling when you're running and you just feel good? That's the kind of run Henri and I had today. I never thought I would even have runs like this, but here we were, keeping at a good pace (one that actually gave Henri a little workout), breathing easy and not having to fight to lift my legs to take the next step. We were good again and all was right with the world. 

I do remember being in the ER once after passing out and the nurse said I had the vitals of a runner. I was not a runner. I didn't even run in gym class. I walked with my friend who had asthma, but I looked like a runner on paper, despite the fact that I had just blacked out in a parking lot from bumping my knee, falling forward, hitting the side view mirror of a van with my head, rebounding off that to land on my back, my eyes rolling up in my head, causing witnessed to fear I had died. I probably had a concussion, but I looked like I was ready to run a marathon. Maybe that's what happened today, with today's run, or maybe it was just Henri and I getting back in sync after a trying morning.

Needless to say, we had our post run cuddles and kissed and made up. We're all good now, though I fear Monkey might not ever be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment