Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Heat is Back

It's official. I do in fact have to re-learn how to run in the heat. Boo. Where did this 70 degree weather come from? The 50's and 60's are really okay for a little longer! 

Today wasn't really that bad. We did spend probably one mile running into the wind. Henri was even struggling against it a little. My head hurts from running in the heat though. 

It's a lot harder to motivate Henri to run in the heat when I'm not feeling it either. How am I going to convince myself to wake up super early in the morning? I have a feeling that time is fast approaching and I'm not ready for it.

It seems like Henri dislikes the heat more and more each year. He's already poo-pooing playing at the park. He seemed to be happy about the run today though. He sat on the stairs and waited for me to get my stuff together and hook him up, even whining when he deciding I was taking too long. He had fun and enjoyed himself on the run, which always makes it easier for me to enjoy as well. He went straight for the water as soon as we walked back in the door, but I always tell him to do that anyway. Now I don't know if I should bother taking him to the park tomorrow to play or save myself the drive. I can't run him every day just yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment