Saturday, February 27, 2016

Take Two

Well, that wasn't much of a return now was it? After regretting my decision to run so soon after becoming ill, I took the rest of the week off to recover. It helped that it snowed again, but as the weekend arrived and appeared to be beautiful again, I refused to waste it being sick, even though I kind of think I caught something else throughout the week and I'm now sick with a different cold. I still have a bit of a cough, but I hoped that I would be able to run without having to call it halfway through.

The wind was stronger than I would have liked for another return off a break, but we pushed through. Thankfully, I have a dog attached to me and that's very motivating. The wind actually came in handy as it was fifty degrees and I was dressed more for thirty. (Well, I didn't want to get sick from being too cold!) I kept it slow and easy to make sure my mucusy lungs could handle it, also easy to do as we were spent a lot of time running into the wind. I think tomorrow will be better, but really, just going out for a run with Henri was already well worth the bit of suffering I will do tonight because I chose to run.


We spent some time sitting on the back stoop, cooling down since it was so nice out. Just me and my boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment