Friday, February 5, 2016

Time To Beat

We had a good run today. I'm trying to work on my speed, so I pushed a bit today, even though I was feeling pretty stiff. I feel stiff every day. My speed has still been pretty good. I think my natural pace is improving, at least that's what I'm hoping for.

So, a few weeks ago, you may recall, we had been rushed for time, so we ran pretty fast without really realizing it because I was just rushed in general. We almost broke the nine minute mile. Mile three was 9:02. Today, I was trying, but I didn't feel like I was being super successful. Henri seemed to be pulling a little, or at least he was out in front. Guess what?Mile three, 9:02. I couldn't believe it! This time it was on me though, not Henri being scared of a piece of trash on the sidewalk. Maybe Henri could just feel the energy and was excited we were going faster, so he was running faster. I tried, I just couldn't push hard enough. Of course, had I known I was that close...maybe I need to get a fancy running watch for my birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment