Monday, February 22, 2016

The Return

As you may have noticed from the lack of blog posts, we haven't run for awhile. That is probably the longest stretch in a long time that we haven't been out for a run. I ran a few day at the gym while we waited for the snow to melt off the sidewalks. Then I got sick so we missed this past BEAUTIFUL weekend. Today was one of those, "Do I or don't I?" I decided do, but that might have been a bad decision.

Of course, Henri was ready to go. My body said it was ready to go to, then it quickly realized it could not breath if we really went for it, so we slowed the pace down a bit. We still had a pretty good pace going, but I could hear my own honk in my lungs over my iPod, so I pushed it to two miles and we walked the rest of the way. Henri was accommodating, but you could tell he was a little disappointed. I'm surprised the sound of my breathing didn't scare him...and maybe I've sounded similar while sleeping the past few nights so he was used to it.

Despite the slower pace and the shorter run, he still looks like he had a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment