Sunday, March 6, 2016

Just Not That Into It

I don't feel like our runs have been going very well lately. They aren't bad, but I just want them to be so much better than they are. I will continue to blame my sickness at the moment, but things better improve because it's really taking my heart out of running, and I don't like that.

We were attacked by a dog again, this time a dog not on a leash. This one is not Henri's fault at all. He was minding his own business and we stopped running once I noticed the dog wasn't attached, so as not to increase the chances of him running after us. That didn't really help and Henri defended himself, but being on a leash and me trying to protect him, the other dog had the advantage and got a few nips in on both of us before his owner tackled him to give us a chance to get away. Yeah, it wasn't really the experience I wanted, especially as we were about to go out of town and I wanted Henri de-stressed. It was nothing serious and I got the worst of it, which was just a few minor cuts, but still. Really?

We had a decent run yesterday, despite the wind (again). It was decent, but not great. I struggled on the hills, but I had moments where it felt good. I still had to push myself mentally to get through, so those good moments definitely came in handy and kept us (me) going. It was an overcast day, so we had minimal interactions, which with Henri's last experience, was perfect. He did fine and I don't think he was too traumatized by the recent run-in. 

Today was a beautiful day, in the mid-fifties, moving up to the sixties, so of course, the park was busy. People, dogs, bikes, skateboards, you name it, we came across it. Henri did not do as well today. I think he had to go to the bathroom so he was distracted by that, then add all the other activity going on...and I was having a hard time breathing, so I called it after a mile and a half. We just couldn't do it today, which is disappointing because there is rain in the forecast every day for the next week. We'll see how it shakes out, but I might be hitting the gym for my runs this week. Then again, maybe we'll have a break in the weather and we'll have a totally inspired run. That's what I'm hoping for. Inspired!

Runs this year: 23
Miles run this year: 66.5


No comments:

Post a Comment