Monday, March 7, 2016

The List

That's more like it! That's why you go on a run even if you don't really feel like it. If I had let my disappointing runs get me down, I wouldn't have pushed to run today and I wouldn't have had the good run to help me bounce back (Hopefully)!

It was a rainy morning, as predicted, but it cleared up this afternoon and the sun even came out. I have to admit I was looking for reasons not to run, and the rain was a perfect excuse. With no rain or real threat of rain because the sun was shining, I had to make a real decision.

Cons                                                      Pros
It's wet out                                             60 degree weather
Getting off work later                               Forecast to rain all week
Have to grocery shop                              Henri
Running sucks (lately)                             Running doesn't really suck
                                                             Opportunity for better run
                                                             Work out return to work after vacation stress
                                                             You did see what the scale said this morning, 
                                                                  right?
                                                             MEXICAN!!! (added to the list after a text - 
                                                                  Sure, cancelling out the scale comment,                                                                                   but...mexican!)

So, in the end, we went on the run and it was good. My hope has been that running the more hilly location that has sucked so much the past week would make the run around the neighborhood easier. Today that might have been the case. It still wasn't a easy run and I've felt better running, but it did feel better than most of the runs the last few weeks. Henri also seemed pleased with the run, with smiles and panting as we collapsed in the living room, turning on the fan. I'll take it!

Runs this year: 24
Miles run this year: 69.5

No comments:

Post a Comment