Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Just A Little Catching Up To Do

We've had a few runs since our last post. It was a bit of an off week. I'm not really sure why. I just felt a little wonky and out of sorts for a few days. I don't know how to explain it. We still got several runs. Tuesday, I didn't feel the greatest, but I wanted five miles. We got four and a half before the throbbing of my head with each step was just about too much to bear. We were both slowing down anyway. We were almost home. It was sixty plus degrees. Maybe that was it. 

We went out again on Friday. This time we got the five miles. I wore my "fast" shoes. I was sure I was going to regret it because they don't support my feet the same and I didn't think I should wear them running longer distances. (I know. Five miles isn't really a "long" distance, but I was still hesitant.) I keep forgetting why I call them my "fast" shoes. I could feel the difference in my ability to move my feet. My speed wasn't actually faster than in my other shoes, but it just felt different.

Fast forward to today, where rain and storms threatened our chances of getting out. It was windy, but not raining. It was still sixty degrees, but without the sun blasting down, it was comfortable. Five and a half miles today. Henri needed it. He was pretty focused. Less stops and sniffs, more 'Come on, let's go!' 


It will take us a bit to get used to the warmth and by the time we figure it out, it will be cold again. Luckily, that's our sweet spot. Who am I? What am I saying? 

Runs this year: 21

Miles run this year: 91

No comments:

Post a Comment