Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Run Streak Day 28: Connected

Today was four miles per the training schedule, so that's what we did. 

I didn't sleep well last night. I had been on my feet all day, but mostly standing, not moving. I felt tired and locked up. I was excited to go on a run and hopefully loosen up.

We started out really strong, maybe too strong. I probably should have eased up a bit, but I think I was trying to prove to myself that I was not tired, or at least not let that slow me down. We finished the first mile in the lower part of nine minutes, which doesn't happen very often.

Mile two i was still trying to push, but I hit a wall when we got to the park. The park is my opstacle and this time was no different. I pushed to finish under ten minutes, but we barely made it.

With the park out of the way and each mile under ten so far, that was my goal in continuing. My body began to rebel. Various parts started to ache, slowing my pace. I didn't stop though and I knew mile four was going to be a good stretch, so I just kept moving. We finished in just a little over ten minutes.

Mile four felt really good. I don't know if it was the stretch where we can just run straight, the song that was playing on my iPod or what, but we fell into a comfortable pace and it felt fast. I checked my time and started to push that last half a mile. We were really going when we had to pass a yapping dog, so I slowed down to avoid any incidents. Once we were past that, we started to sprint. Again, we were going really good when Henri ducked behind me and came up on my other side, causing us to slow down. There's a dog that barks from inside his house and we run by. I know that's what Henri was avoiding. He slowed us down just enough that we missed finishing under thirty-nine minutes by five seconds. Since my goal was to finish under forty, I can't be too disappointed.





No comments:

Post a Comment