Saturday, April 28, 2018

Run Streak Day 31: Morning Run

Forgot to post this yesterday! 

Yesterday was leg day. I switched that and the three mile run in hopes that my legs would be better prepared for the beating they will be taking tomorrow. I had the day off so I took Henri out in the morning, before my legs knew what they were doing. It was also much cooler. Henri didn't want to go on my one mile streak run yesterday because of the "heat", my sensitive puppy.

My legs didn't want to move while I pushed through my streak run yesterday. I was worried what they would want to do after I put them through leg day, but they felt better. Of course, I had Henri keeping me going. Someday I will have to get faster running without Henri. Not today though. Not today.

Actually, I had my first negative splits, as far as paying attention to that sort of thing. It was close anyway. Mile one was 9:34, mile two was 9:35, mile three was 9:08. Henri helped a lot with that. There's a kennel or something down the road from the park and the dogs were barking. It must have been breakfast time. Henri did not like all of those dogs barking and he wanted to go fast to get away from the noise. I had no choice but to keep up. That was the end of mile two into mile three. I guess my legs just decided they were good with that pace because they kept it up almost the rest of the way home.

There's a lot to do today, a lot going on. Luckily, I have this cute distraction.


No comments:

Post a Comment