Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Run Streak Day Seventeen: Friday the 13th

Oops! Looks like I forgot to post this after I wrote it! Pretend it's Friday, April 13th.

I don't know what was up with Henri today, but he acting weird. Maybe it has something to do with the weather, warmer temperatures and potential storms. Maybe it's because it's Friday the 13th. We took a trip to PetSmart to get his nails trimmed, which I knew he would be anxious about, but usually he gets more cooperative once he gets up on the table. He was not very cooperative at all and he cried multiple times. The girl trimming his nails might have been new. She had definitely not ever done Henri's nails before, but I don't think she was doing anything to hurt him. Once she finally got all his nails grinded down, he head for the door as quickly as he could. We got home, I got him dinner (so he wouldn't be distracted by his belly while we ran) and we got ready to run.

As I mentioned, it's warmer. It was in the mid-seventies, but thankfully, it was windy. Yeah, I can't believe I was that thankful for the wind either. Since it was so warm and so drastically different from what we've been running in, I made sure to keep it slow and steady and let Henri stop whenever he wanted. Despite the rain from earlier today, he didn't stop to sniff as much. Maybe feeding him worked better than I expected. He was actually totally calm and fell in step with me right away. I think it was just what he needed. We pushed through five miles and he drank up lots of water when we got home.

I know I spend a lot of time with Henri, but when I went out for a my streak run yesterday, in 77 degree "heat", I melted and was super whiny about it. I'm not ready for the heat yet.  Neither is Henri. He stands at the door when I let him out, refusing to go out because it's so warm. Luckily, we live in Illinois. A cold front is coming. It won't last forever, but we'll take it when we get it.

I was able to sport my new Rescue Run Club tank while we added five miles to our thirty day total. 






No comments:

Post a Comment