Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Run Streak: Day Eight

Today's run was cold and windy. Not as windy as the 30 mph winds from Saturday, and thankfully it was slowing down by the time we got started. It was still a cold wind, blowing just under 20 mph. 

Yesterday's streak run was held up by thunder and rain, so I did my strength training first, then ran. Despite the fact that my workout is core focused, it's still total body and my legs did not want to go for that one mile after, especially with wind. The wind continued into today and so did the struggle with my legs. It was a steady run, except for when we were running into the wind, but for the most part, it felt pretty good. Henri was into it, too. I guess it's been a few days since he's been out, but he was ready to go at the beginning and he didn't stop the last two miles, which is when my legs started to pretend they didn't know what was going on or how to move. 

Henri was fed, I sat down with my dinner and he curled up next to me, the warmth of his body warming up my cold leg. Ah! Perfect!


So, we got five miles in, on a day that I didn't really want to run. First lesson learned from running a streak: When you don't have the option of not running, your run can turn into something unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment