Thursday, April 5, 2018

Run Streak Day Nine: Eventfully Uneventful

Today was about testing my strength and ability. It was a nice day, so I thought we should go for another run. Not just one mile, but three. Yeah, I'm glutton for punishment.

Henri did not seem fazed by the fact that we just ran five miles yesterday. He was ready to go again. For the most part, I was ready to go as well. I had to push, but I've already learned that my body can keep going far longer than I think it can, so even though my legs felt like they were about to hit a wall, they never did. They did hit wind. Yes, the wind is still hanging around and this time we ran right into it. I had a hard time breathing. It was hard, but I kept pushing. I had to laugh at Henri because even he jumped off the sidewalk so that he was being blocked by an upcoming fence. Cheater.

But then there were the trash cans. We were almost home and two trash cans were sitting on the sidewalk. They were separated and I thought we should run in between them. I should have known Henri would not like that idea and went wide, wrapping his leash around one of them as it fell over, freaking him out, of course. He doesn't like trash cans sitting on the sidewalks. He certainly doesn't like them coming after him. We really needed to run another mile to get him to calm down after that, but we were literally five doors from home. Next time, I will remember to just run into the street to avoid them.



No comments:

Post a Comment