Monday, June 1, 2015

Is It June?

Yesterday was June 1st and a high of 65 degrees. What? That's crazy! Well, this is the midwest. So, we started the week early with a run after church. Henri always has energy to burn off and just in case it rains some morning or we have to skip a day, we just made up for it. We even had our friend, Griffin, try to join us as we ran by his house. His mom told him 'no'. Sorry, Griffin!

This morning was, of course, also cool. I am thankful for that as I didn't really feel very good, especially towards the end, and the heat would have made me miserable. I don't know if I was pushing because my legs hurt or because I didn't feel well and I was just trying to get to the end, but we ran two of our best miles ever today! I feel like my Fitbit is lying to me. I ran an 8'04" mile. Really? I'm super impressed with myself! I'm starting to wonder if the days I'm feeling good about the run is because I'm not pushing enough and the days I feel awful are because I'm pushing really hard. This is the only explanation I can come up with so far. It does seem like the trend.

Afterwards, I was doing my hair and I hear Henri sigh a HUGE sigh. I come out of the bathroom and he is stretched out, pretty much as far as he can be across "his" bed.


He was even pushing against the edge of the bed to stretch his neck over the side. It must have felt good after that run. He doesn't usually sigh like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment