Saturday, May 30, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 22: Race

While Henri and I run for fun, occasionally I "race" him at the end of the run. We "race" the sun coming up. We "race" the sun going down. I "race" to beat my current running pace. Sometimes, we have to "race" the clouds, especially these clouds.


Much of the time, at least right now, we are running early in the morning, so we/I can't see the clouds and know the impending weather, so when I can see the clouds, I know we have to hustle. This is a much different "race" than our normal run against nature. We can actually lose this race and it's not pretty if we do. Thankfully, we have been very fortunate and have only lost one and a half times, with the half being the time it just spritzed on us enough to be annoying.

Unfortunately, this is the midwest, and we get a little of every kind of weather, sometimes at a moments notice. A racing we will go!

No comments:

Post a Comment