Monday, May 18, 2015

Monday Morning Blah's?

The rain clouds finally broke and we were able to go running again. I went to bed early to prepare for the early morning wake up call. Sometimes, when I have to wake up early, I struggle to sleep. Usually, this only applies to getting up early for work. I can't be late so I wake up a lot throughout the night to make sure that it's not time to get up yet. Well, my body must have decided that a run is just as important as work, because the I went through the same thing last night.

Henri, on the other hand, knows the morning routine so well, he usually gets some extra Z's while I get ready. He might get up and follow me to the next room, but he's curling back up for a power nap in preparation for a run. This makes it difficult to stay motivated, as I'd much rather curl up with him and go back to sleep. 

Today's run didn't feel great. I felt sluggish, though not tired. I just felt like I couldn't get my speed up and still breathe comfortably. Maybe the humidity was extra high this morning. Finally, at the last mile, I gave up and settled into a comfortable pace, even though it felt really slow to me. Turns out, that mile was my best mile...except for those darn bugs! Henri was even bothered by them this morning, shaking his head in frustration as we ran through them. 

While I can probably sleep through the night better tonight, being more tired because of the lack of sleep last night, I can't decide if I want to attempt the back-to-back runs again, or wait until Wednesday. The temp and humidity are supposed to be down tomorrow. It could feel really good to get out there, which is what's probably going to win me over in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment