Tuesday, May 26, 2015

50% Chance of Rain, 50% Chance You're Right

There is lots of rain in the forecast. I shouldn't be surprised. There has been rain in the forecast almost every day for weeks. How many times has it actually rained? It was supposed to rain all this past weekend. It didn't. Not even a drop. It's supposed to rain at some point every day. 

It was supposed to rain yesterday. I woke up early anyway, just in case. It wasn't raining., but there were dark clouds that looks like there were going to dump at any minute. The radar showed rain right around when we'd be halfway through our run. I didn't want to get caught in it, so I just did a workout I could do indoors, hoping that if it did rain, it would keep it cool enough for an after work run. It didn't rain. At all. All day. It wasn't cool in the afternoon either. Dang it! I feel so guilty when we don't go, especially when it doesn't rain. Sure, it really looked like it was going to come down and the radar backed that up. How was I to know? I'm not a meteorologist - though they don't know either so I wouldn't really be in any better of a position if I was.

This morning, I didn't even check the weather. I hadn't really heard anything past the weekend weather and I didn't think to check. We went for a run. I did think it was odd that the sun didn't seem to be coming up. We got lucky. It didn't rain on us. It was raining when I left for work though. Again, it called for lots of rain and severe thunderstorms all day, but no. They were wrong. It rained once, for 30 minutes. It was a hard and heavy rain and that is exactly the rain I do not want to be stuck in. I know Henri doesn't want to be, though he would enjoy the toweling off after.

So, do I get up every morning and try to run, just in case the next day it is raining? How am I supposed to plan a running schedule? I feel bad waking Henri up and then having to tell him we can't go because it's supposed to rain. He really doesn't understand this and he looks so sad when I don't put on my running shoes. Besides, we could both be sleeping! Now I'm going to be paranoid, which means it's going to dump on us some day this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment