Thursday, May 7, 2015

First Light

We finally made the switch to early mornings. I can't believe it's almost 90 degrees in the first week of May! Why!?!

It was so much cooler this morning. I could feel it. Henri could definitely feel it. He was ready to run! Even though it was almost 70 degrees, there was such as drastic difference between that and the afternoon temperatures, I hardly noticed I was sweating until I ran the last half mile through swarms of bugs. Blech! On my face, my neck, my arms...there were so many bugs in the shower after I was done! So gross! Not to mention the ones I swallowed, gag!

Henri led the way this morning. Maybe he just wanted to get home and have his breakfast, but he was moving and moving fast. He was enjoying being out before the sun came up, having cooler air wash over us and the world to ourselves. Maybe that was me, but he was definitely enjoying it, too. That makes waking up early in the morning completely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment