Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Two In A Row

This is the first time I have run two days in a row since hurting my ankle last summer. I have been intentional about when I've been running, cautious of putting too much pressure on my ankle. I don't know if that was something I needed to do, but it didn't seem like a bad idea. Now, being almost a year later, and soon more important that we are able to get out and burn off some energy every day, it seemed like a good time to ease back into it.

I wasn't sure what to expect. My ankle could have been fine. It has been a long time. I could have had to stop running because it hurt. It was time to find out.

It took one mile before I felt something less than normal. It was another quarter of a mile before it got a little worse. It wasn't really pain and most of the discomfort was in the bottom of my foot, which is where most of the pain is when it gets to that point. It would come and go while we were running, never really getting to the point that I felt like I needed to stop. We actually ran faster today than yesterday, so it didn't slow me down much.

I did have to rely on Henri to keep me moving a little. I let him keep the faster pace, even when I was feeling out my ankle. If it had been up to me and I was running by myself, I might have stopped...maybe, but Henri kept me going and I didn't really need to stop. My ankle is fine. My foot feels fine. Henri didn't let me quit and we're one run closer to getting back to running every day.

I did wear my compression socks all day today. I hate socks so the fact that I wore them all day and to work...I might have given a few people a heart attack. Just doing what I can to get back to running everyday for Henri!

No comments:

Post a Comment