Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Five More Miles

Today was much the same as Monday. I tried a few different turns, knowing the area just a little bit better and how Henri was going to respond to them. I also felt like I was limping the whole time, so there's that. I wasn't limping, but my muscles were tight and it made movement...difficult. Hopefully, my muscles can recover before Saturday or those 18 miles are going to be torture.

We're kind of in a fancy neighborhood now, with sprinklers to keep the grass green that run early in the morning. We've been mostly lucky with only a few along our path going when we run by them, but Henri does not like it. He hasn't stopped and flat out refused to go by them, but he tries to go into the street or further into the yards to escape their wet clutches. There's one at the end that is mostly spraying into the air and he still doesn't want to go through it. It's a light misting Henri. I take the brunt of the spray every time, as my shirt or shorts are drenched and he shakes off vigorously. Dramatic much?

It would just be cruel to try to take a picture running through the sprinklers. Also, it's still pretty dark when we're by most of them, so you can have this picture of a new little nook I found. It's a very small path, but it's lined with a wall of trees, which I think is cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment