Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Run Streak Day 97: Bonus Heat Advisory

I really wanted to get Henri out for a run today. It's been awhile with the heat advisory that began last Thursday and as it closes in on the Fourth of July, the fireworks in the neighborhood have Henri shaking and trembling every night. I thought a run would help ease his nerves just a little.

It was still really warm. When I checked the weather later, another heat advisory has been issued. Thankfully, because I had run five of my eight miles in the heat of the afternoon yesterday, we only had three to run. Henri was really excited to be out. He was sniffing everything and then taking off again as fast as he could. I'm glad he was enjoying himself. I have the feeling he's been bored stuck inside for the past several days.

He was also smelling the remnants of the fireworks from last night. The smell was in the air, which made him a little nervous, my poor boy. So, between that and his stomach telling him it was time for breakfast, we were moving to get home, which made this a hot and sweaty run.





No comments:

Post a Comment