Thursday, June 28, 2018

Run Streak Day 92

Central Illinois has entered into another heat advisory, this one worse than the last. Why does it have to come just in time for the weekend and my long run?

We ran this morning, to get out in front of the heat. No, not my long run. Just four miles. It was warm. We started as soon as the sun began to come up, but even then, it warmed up quite a bit by the time we finished.

It was a decent run, with the occasional breeze that gave us just enough reprieve to keep going. Henri didn't seem too bothered by the heat, of course, he might have been thinking with his stomach. He was moving, despite the rain the last few days. He kept us at a steady pace. It didn't feel too bad, but my shirt was fairly drenched, reminiscent of my thirteen mile run in the last heat advisory we had.

Sweaty, but home. Henri got his breakfast, followed by ice cubes. I got my shower and ready for the day. 


There is one mile planned for tomorrow. I'm not sure if Henri will be joining me yet, but it will definitely be run in the morning. How it feels in the morning will also determine what I plan to do about my fifteen mile run this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment