Monday, June 25, 2018

Run Streak Day 89

Today there was seven miles on the docket. That is a lot of miles for a weekday run. We have just enough time to fit that in without running in the dark. Based on yesterdays struggle with the heat, I was concerned with the heat, Henri and that amount of miles. I was so anxious about it, I lay in bed, tossing and turning for three hours before I finally fell asleep, leaving me with five hours of sleep before a seven mile run in the wee early morning hours, giving me more reason to be anxious. Why am I suddenly so anxious about running?

Anyway, all that anxiety was for nothing. It was a great run! The weather was much cooler than I thought it was going to be, primarily because of the wind and the sun staying behind the clouds until we were done running. Figuring out how to get seven miles in without Henri giving me too much of a stink eye was another thing. We started with a couple of double loops before we went into our normal five mile loop. Henri was a little confused by this, but he went along with it. Around mile five he got so focused on getting back for breakfast, he almost didn't notice that we had to loop again to get our last half-mile. I still got the stink eye though. I did say almost.


The run itself felt pretty good with a pretty steady pace the entire run. I don't know how much longer we/I could have kept that up, but for today, it was good. Now, hopefully my muscles can recover before the fifteen on Saturday as I continue to run throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment