Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Run Streak Day 77

It's been several days since Henri and I have been out for a run together. I had my long run that I squeaked in before a storm. I squeaked another mile in on Sunday before another storm. More storms Monday morning gave me a chance to catch up on a little sleep, but I still needed to get a seven mile run in. We would have to run in the dark to get that in on a Tuesday, so I went out alone Monday after work. It was too hot for Henri and, again, possibilities of storms. Tuesday morning saw the end of the rain, but not until after we needed to have run, so I was solo again for my streak run. So many miles since Henri and I have been together.


We head out for four miles this morning. It was humid. I had to keep wiping my face and Henri kept stopping to eat the wet grass. Despite these discomforts, we had a good run. I choose to believe that it was because we were together again. 

I didn't think it was going to be a bad run, but it felt so much better than I expected. My muscles had finally recovered from Saturdays long run and I felt strong. We finished the first mile at a nice pace. While mile two is usually my most difficult mile as I hit the park. I pushed a little to get through and ended at a great pace. I might have pushed too much. It was difficult to recover and, upon review, I missed negative splits by six seconds. If I had just kept steady, it probably would have worked out perfectly. We finished mile four and we were done.

Now, what to do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment