Thursday, June 14, 2018

Run Streak Day 78

Today was a beautiful day! It was 60 degrees and it actually felt like 60 degrees, rather than 70 or 80 degrees. It was not a day to waste not running. 

I went to the running store yesterday. I wanted to talk to some experts about my feet hurting lately. Since I got new shoes and switched brands, I wanted to check and make sure I hadn't made a mistake. Since I haven't trained for a marathon before I wasn't sure if it was possibly the increase in miles. I spent an hour talking to a guy and trying on other shoes and inserts. I have enjoyed my Brooks. They feel lighter and less clunky. I have felt faster. It's hard to know if that was because I had run the half-marathon on old shoes and anything would feel better than that, or if they were in fact better shoes. I have had the shoes one month exactly, putting almost 100 miles on them already. I really didn't want to buy new shoes again. It's not like they are cheap. I ended up buying inserts giving me more cushion, hoping that that would solve the problem without spending the money for new shoes.

New inserts mean running on new shoes and since I have a long run on Saturday, I needed to break them in beforehand. There's not really much time for that, so today was happening. Four miles yesterday, leg day, new inserts and a dog tied to my waist, I did my best to take it easy. It was just a little three miler. Remember, the weather was pretty awesome. We both felt good. My shoes felt good, too. 

Apparently, I'm shredding my shoes. I don't know if it's from my running form or if it's from my long runs and my inability to pick up my feet as I wear down. 

Blah, blah, blah. Show me the puppy! Anyone else go to the running store and have them  look inside your shoes and ask you how many dogs you have because, dog hair. 




No comments:

Post a Comment