Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Run Streak Day 70

My count got off track somewhere in the sixties, but I'm pretty confident that today was number seventy. 

Today is National Running Day and it was a good run. For one, I ran with Henri. For two, it was perfect this morning, if only too cold for the first half a mile. 

According to my Marathon Training, I was supposed to run a four mile tempo run. Since that is not really possible attached to Henri, I was just going to run four miles and try a tempo run tomorrow. Really, I think it turned out really close to a tempo run without me even trying. My goal for a tempo run, according to the calculator that I used is something that I have barely ever been able to get for one mile, much less four. It should be approximately 8:50. I don't feel like that's an unattainable goal, but I should be honest with myself that I cannot do that just yet. Almost every time I have run sub 9, it has been with Henri, so taking him out of the picture might not be the right choice. 

I'm surprised at how well my time was, considering the way I was feeling. I started a round of 21 Day Fix and my muscles are a little upset with me. I'm glad to know that I am challenging them in different ways than my previous program. Today was also leg day and I can tell that my legs are glutes are stronger than they were last time I did a round of 21 Day Fix, which is something I suspected and am pretty happy with. As soon as I pushed past mile one I started to feel better. I even had some really strong spurts in places where I normally struggle. I was one second off from a negative split between mile one and two, otherwise, I would have had negative splits, which is only my second time. Hey, the last time I was two seconds off, so I'm improving.

Henri and I were pretty in sync. I always find it really cool when Henri is watching me for cues on direction. I'm sure I just don't notice it all the time, but today I noticed as he looked up at me for a hand signal or checked my feet. We make a pretty good team.

The sunrise was beautiful. Of course, I had to stop to take a picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment