Sunday, June 24, 2018

Run Streak Day 88

As I continued to recover from a twelve hour overnight shift, I was thankful for an easy week on the marathon training schedule, bringing us up to today's 5k. I decided to allow myself one more day of sleeping in. That may not have been the best idea as far as the run went, as it was heating up quickly and even at 7:30, it was humid and feeling mid seventies. With little to no shade cover, it was a warm one. 

I thought this was going to be an easy run. Maybe if I had gotten up earlier, it might have been. Probably not. It was pretty warm when I went to bed last night. It just didn't cool off. Maybe if we had done our 5k on Saturday morning instead, but I needed sleep and I probably would have had to leave Henri at home. It looked like it had been rainy. So, today was the day.


We did okay, but just before mile three began, we found some shade and Henri decided to lie down for a second. Of course, I let him. He stopped a couple more times as we came across the small trees that are in our neighborhood, just for a breath. When we were done we took a little walk around the lake, on the shady side, to cool down. 

I don't have to be fast, I just have to finish. And have my Henri by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment