Saturday, June 2, 2018

Run Streak Day 67: Happy Henriversary

I tried to sleep in today, but my body and the sun had other ideas. I finally agreed to getting out of bed at 7:30am. I opened the door to let Henri out and realized how beautiful of a day it was. The heat and the humidity had finally subsided and while I was only going on a mile run today, I knew I had to take Henri with me. It is our Henri-versary after all.

I brought Henri home six years ago today. While we didn't start running till the following rainy spring, I could not imagine not taking him for a run today to celebrate. And, since it was so beautiful, even after the sun had risen, I knew he would not suffer. It also gave me much hope for my marathon training run tomorrow and allowing Henri to join me.

So, we went out into the beautiful day. The problem is that every one was enjoying the beautiful day. People were out garage sale-ing, riding bikes, walking their dogs, running. Yes, so were we, but I missed the solitude of the early morning and the time spent alone with Henri, not having to think about anyone but us, especially today as I reflect on all that Henri has brought to me. Nevertheless, it was a good morning and a good mile and Henri seemed to enjoy himself. I felt it was a good start to the day celebrating him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment