Monday, June 18, 2018

Run Streak Day 82

We are still in the midst of a heat advisory. I was trying to decide what we were going to do this morning. There was five miles on the schedule. I could have gone out by myself, but I really wanted to get Henri out if I could do so safely.

I ran thirteen on Saturday with my posse. The first four miles weren't bad, but after that we lost the breeze and the sun decided to shine relentlessly. It was probably the worst run I've ever had. I have decided that thirteen miles is unlucky for me. I run twelve and my confidence is up. Then I run thirteen or I try to run thirteen. I thought it was just my shoes for the half and maybe it was. Running thirteen miles in a heat advisory isn't easy. I also had new shoe inserts. I don't want to make excuses though. It was a bad run.

I wanted to sleep in on Sunday. I wanted to sleep in just one day, but my body doesn't know how to do that anymore. I rolled over until 7:30 and decided I should get my streak run in before the sun ruined everything. Even just that one mile was so sweaty.

So, I decided that a one mile streak run with Henri this morning was sufficient. It's a light week on the running schedule, which works perfectly with my work schedule. We'll see if the break in the weather gives us a chance to play a little catch up or if it just gives us storms. Today, that one mile was pretty decent, with another mile walking home, just to shake out the legs and to give Henri some time outside with a little less oppressive heat. Maybe we could have run three, but I would have worried about him being dehydrated while I was at work all day. He was happy to have gotten a run in, happy to have a belly full of breakfast and happy to chase the toys he kept bringing me afterwards up and down the hall. I did not have to worry about his well-being while I was at work and maybe, just maybe, the heat will break tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment