Monday, July 16, 2018

Halfway There

I wasn't sure I could fit eight miles in before work, but I did it. I even dropped Henri off at home halfway through and had 15 minutes to cool down before I had to shower. I mean, I guess we did head out the door at 4:30 when it was still dark. This problem would be solved so much easier if I could just run faster. I can't, so 4:30 it is.

It was really humid. It actually felt better once the sun started to come up, but by then I had already resolved to let Henri go home at four miles and run the last four solo. It takes a lot of determination to wake up at 4am and go out into the dark, humid wee hours of dawn. It take even more to be dripping in sweat, take your dog back into the air conditioning, give him ice cubes and head back out into more humidity. I wished he could have run more with me, so the solo miles could have been so few, so that that push out the door wouldn't have been so daunting and sad. At least it was halfway, and halfway to halfway and "just run home". Yeah, I tell myself it's just a run home as I run away from home.


No comments:

Post a Comment