Saturday, July 7, 2018

Run Streak Day 101: The Conclusion

While yesterday was day 100 of my run streak, I have to celebrate everything with Henri, so I extended my run streak one more day so I could conclude this streak with Henri by my side.

Yes, I am concluding my run streak after 100, now 101 days. I don't think it's really been helping me with my speed and I think my body needs more recovery than it's currently getting. As I run longer distances, more often, I think more strength will come from rest and recovery.

330 miles have been run over the last 101 days. There were a lot of 1 mile runs in there, but a lot of miles have been run with Henri, the Half-Marathon and all of these Marathon training miles. There are so many more to go. 

So, today, we ran just a few more miles, together, because it was beautiful outside. Tomorrow, we can rest and we'll start another week, rested. This is an easy week on the training plan, a perfect time to end the streak and focus on being the best I can when the marathon comes around.


No comments:

Post a Comment