Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Hold Tight to the Curves

Today was an excellent run, exactly what I needed. It was the same run as Monday, the same route, the same distance, the same temperature, minus the humidity. 64 degrees felt like 64 degrees. It was exactly what I needed to push and Henri was right along with me.

We ran the first mile and the time was pretty decent, but it wasn't until we hit the second mile in less time that I decided to start to push. The third mile brought us into the park, but we hit another negative split. As I crawled myself out of the park and hit the straightaway, where we can always pick up speed, despite the missed negative split, I didn't give up. My plan was to just make sure I kept every mile under ten minutes. 

We kept pushing. Six miles went fast. I was having to push, but we didn't tire out. I don't know how much longer I could have kept that up, but today, I didn't have to. We finished strong. Splits of 9:46, 9:45, 9:40, 9:43, 9:40 and 9:39 . Almost entirely negative splits and a very steady pace. The best part was that it was fun and fun for both of us.


While when I look back at Monday's overall time and splits, there wasn't that much of a difference. It's slightly disappointing, but the difference is my strength and what I was able to do today. Strong, steady and consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment