Friday, January 8, 2016

Two More Down

Not ones to waste a 50 degree day in January, Henri and I took our chances with a run today, despite the overcast skies. We made it through without a drizzle! We were running into the wind for a good stretch and I wasn't feeling the best, so it wasn't a fast one, but we got one in there, nonetheless. The weather forecast keeps changing. We might not get another run for several days due to rain (snow?) and negative wind chill.

Speaking of fast, I was on a time crunch on Wednesday, but really wanted to run so I rushed around between appointments so we could get out. I had exactly 35 minutes. I run three apps when we run. I start the WalkForADog app so money gets donated to the shelter Henri came from. It tracks the distance, the route and the time. It has average MPH, but it isn't really very helpful. I always start it first because it's really not important how accurate it is. Then I start my fitbit app. This used to be it, but since I had issues with the accuracy of my miles, I started using MapMyRun as a back up. So I don't count of the fitbit app for accuracy, that's why it gets started second. Then I start MapMyRun, this way, it's information is the most accurate to the actual run. Well, wouldn't you know that both of those apps were freezing and crashing and I just did not have time for that. We had to go out without it, but I wasn't really concerned. I figured it was just going to be another run, just like any other run. Well, apparently the shortened amount of time I had to run really had me pushing. It felt fast, faster than I think we've ever run before. I've felt fast and sometimes it turns out to not really be that fast or I've felt slow and it didn't turn out to be that slow after all. I don't have any apps to back it up, but I think we were fast. I stopped WalkForADog at 30.30. Considering I start it first then get the other apps going, while I didn't get them going, I did try so, I know it was running when we weren't moving. We had to have run under 9 minute miles, I just can't prove it. Really, I just want to prove it to myself. I guess it will have to wait for another day.

You know that if the apps had been working, I wouldn't have been able to move that fast and I probably would have taken the full 35 minutes because I was wanting to go fast.

Runs this year: 6
Miles run this year: 18

No comments:

Post a Comment