Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Great Bright Morning

There's nothing like the right song to help motivate you, especially on Monday morning.

Monday's are hard to get motivated for in general. Add in an early morning run, ugh, I'd rather stay in bed. I don't. I've never been the type to hit the snooze. The alarm goes off, I get up. No fooling around. It's time to go on our run. Henri follows me from room to room as I get ready, waiting till we go downstairs. All the good stuff happens downstairs. Food. Outside. Going somewhere.

I don't know if it's having the weekend off, if it's the fact that it's dark outside or if it's just a case of the Monday's, but it's hard. We get up earlier than we need to, just to catch the early morning air, which today was a good thing because you could feel the humidity that would come with the day. We do intervals on Monday, too. I thought it would be best to do them the first run of the week, before my muscles have a chance to protest. My muscles know it's Monday, too. 

Thankfully, Henri did not seem to care that it was Monday. He was ready. He was focused. We came across a balloon that had lost it's helium and was now laying on the sidewalk. Henri doesn't like things that are not supposed to be there. He slowed down, but once I told him it was okay to go, he sped right past it. (He hardly hesitated at all on the way back by - so proud of him!)

Intervals started and a Casey Abrams song came on my iPod.

"We go into this Great bright morning,
Leave the rest of this world behind.
We're fallin' into this bright morning
You and I
You and I."

It was perfect. The sun was just coming up. There was no one else out. It was like a soundtrack, narrating that particular part of our movie. It helped me push past the Monday blahs and run. My iPod knows me so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment