Friday, August 8, 2014

Why so sad?

I let Henri out this morning and I could feel it was misting a little. When he came in, he was pretty damp. I didn't want to get stuck out in the rain, so I went back to bed. 

I say "I" because Henri did not come to bed. I could hear him whining downstairs. I was pretty sure he was not that sad we weren't going on a run. He probably just wanted to eat, but I wasn't going to feed him at 4:30 in the morning. That's just too early. 

He continued to whine. I could hear him shuffling around. I had jut giving him a new toy last night so I thought he was playing and maybe frustrated that he hadn't been able to tear it up yet. Soon I hear a plastic bag and I figure it out. I had a stash of toys I had bought for him on clearance, occasionally giving him a new one to switch things up and they were cheaper so it didn't matter as much if he did tear them up in 10 minutes. I had moved the bag from the top of the refrigerator to a drawer in the hallway. It's one of those fabric drawers. He had pulled it open and was trying to get to the toys. I don't know how he does that! He hadn't seen me move the bag. Needless to say, I got up and took the bag and put it back on top of the refrigerator. He was fine after that.

I never did hear it rain. When I got up at 6am, it didn't look like it had rained. I felt kind of guilty for not going on a run after all. I shouldn't have. I didn't know it wasn't going to pour. The forecast had been for rain in the morning. Stupid forecasts. I played with Henri and his new toy for the best amount of time I could before I had to go to work.

And then we went for a run after I got off work.

We had a little of that midwest humidity to deal with, but the wind was blowing and we can feel that on the edge of town. We kept it at an easy pace so that Henri wasn't miserable. His tongue was hanging out, but I think he enjoyed the sights. People were out, kids were playing and other dogs were being walked. And, because the sun was out (sort of), I was able to take a picture!


Cute, huh? Well, it was still hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment