Monday, August 11, 2014

Supermoon, Full Moon

I really wanted to go for run this morning. No, not because I was really pumped about working out, but because last night was the Supermoon. That meant that it would still be out when we went running this morning, if only for a little while since it was one of our later days. The Supermoon has some significance for us. We met Henri for the first time on the day of the Supermoon, which is pretty suiting as I thought about it this morning as everyone calls him 'The Wolf-dog'. We gave him the middle name of 'Olin' because of the band, 'Olin and the Moon'. 

Of course, I should have known better than to go running on the full moon.

My biggest fear right now is getting hurt while running, especially since I go running so early and not very many people are around. I have my phone and my husband is usually awake at home, which I'm not very far from. I'm just afraid that I'll trip or roll my ankle and be hurt. Ew, I shudder just thinking about it, it bothers me that much. I'll fall or worse, pass out, which is a thing for me. All the while, Henri is attached to me, which I guess is better than him being able to run away and get lost or hit by a car, not that I think he would leave me. Maybe he would be like Lassie and run to get help. Anyway, I try not to think about it too much. I figure that if I'm thinking about it, it's more likely to happen.

Yeah, it happened. I don't really know how it happened. We were coming up on a guy walking his dog. I think I was focusing on what he was doing, how close we were to him, when I was going to have to get on the grass to pass him...I don't know. Somehow, around the same time he turned, saw us and decided to move off the path, I must have decided to go in the grass. I think I just stepped off wrong or something, I don't even know. I still don't want to think about it. I've done the same thing walking! I just stepped wrong and my ankle turned. (Oh sure! When the guy is looking at me!) I ran a few more steps and started to walk instead, limping from the pain. It wasn't bad, thankfully, but you never know with me what's going to set off my passing out reflex. At least somebody was there. Of all the mornings for my husband to not be at home!

I didn't pass out. I didn't fall over. I walked it off. After awhile I was able to run a little again. I did that at the part that Henri and I usually sprint, because he was slightly confused why we were going so slow. I'm kinda glad I did because around the corner, up ahead was a guy running with two dogs. Not that it matters, but now I was a girl running with my dog, not just walking her dog. Don't worry! I was fine! He had more than six legs! He should definitely join my club!

So, full moon. Yep.

My ankle is fine. I've iced it since being home. I've kept it elevated. I'll ice it some more at work, just to be on the safe side. It might be a little swollen, but it hardly hurts. We'll see about tomorrow though. I am pretty stubborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment