Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Dangers of Running With Your Dog

When you think of running with your dog, there are several things that immediately come to mind as dangers and things you want to avoid. These might even keep you from running with your dog. What are these dangers? Your dog might run right in front of you and you trip. Your dog might run around you and you get tangled in the leash, and trip. You dog might see a rabbit and pull you halfway across the block, especially if your hands- free.

I am actually more worried about tripping over my own feet, than Henri, but that's me. I'm usually pretty good at reading Henri and knowing what he is thinking or what he has his eye on while running. This morning he did something that totally shocked and surprised me. We were running and he suddenly stopped and hiked his leg. I can usually read when he's thinking about doing this, but he really doesn't do it very often. He knows we are on a run and this is not "marking" time, but, again, if he does this, I know it's coming and slow for a second. We really don't stop. 

He stopped, in the middle of the sidewalk, hiked his leg and peed. No, he didn't need to mark a blade of grass because he didn't pee in that direction. He peed in MY direction! He peed on me! I ran right through it! I had to focus on my breathing because I was trying not to laugh too hard and it's 5 o'clock in the morning. Who is this crazy person running and laughing in our neighborhood? I'm going to say that I needed to be marked as his for some reason that I don't know or understand. Why on earth did he do that?

So, add one more danger to running with you dog. I hope this doesn't keep you from running with yours! He still didn't trip me!

No comments:

Post a Comment