Friday, January 20, 2017

A Question

Someone asked me yesterday, what keeps me motivated? Do I have some goal that I'm striving for or am I just exercising my dog. While I posted my 2017 running goals a few posts back, this is my primary motivation:



That is the face of a dog that is enjoying himself, despite the fact that he is running through a puddle (I will remind you that Henri hates water). How can I see this and not take him out for run after run? Yeah, now I have goals, but my love for running comes from my love for this boy. I don't need the goals. I don't need to run farther or faster. I don't need to go exotic places or even anywhere outside of my own neighborhood. I don't need the gear or the gadgets. All I need is him.

We ran five miles today. It was a more challenging five that last week. It was more challenging than the four from Tuesday. I'm going to chalk it up to yesterday being leg day. It was still a good run. I'm not going to beat myself up. We still ran five miles. Seriously, look at that face! This was not a bad run.

Runs this year: 6

Miles run this year: 25.25

No comments:

Post a Comment