Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Struggle Is Real

Today we pushed for a little more distance. It was difficult (for me), but we got it done. The goal was just to add a quarter mile, which is what we did (almost a half mile, but I was struggling enough). It's getting a little messy in way of our course. I gotta figure that out. I don't want to run by the same things over and over. I don't want to lap the park four times. I don't want to confuse Henri by running by home more than once. This will be the challenge...as if adding the distance isn't enough of a challenge.

It had been going really well until the runs Friday and today. I chalked Friday up to leg day on Thursday. I took a rest day because I just thought my body might need it, but today didn't go much better. I think it's partly depending on where we are in the run. I struggle more in the park than anywhere else, and then when we have to run into the neighborhood where there are more turns. All the rest feels pretty good. I've always struggled more in the park, that's why we're working on our distance around home and not in the more difficult areas. It's still easier than those. I want some success before the struggle bus really hits me!

We'll see what this week brings. Maybe we just need some more time to get comfortable in the four to five mile range. That's fine, but we're getting to six in just a few weeks. It just might be a slow and painful six.

Unless Henri gets startled by something. That happened today and we ran at a seven and half minute pace for a chunk until he calmed down. He probably would have run faster, but I had stopped him when he tried to take off without me. You can't buddy. We're attached.

Runs this year: 7
Miles run this year: 30.5

No comments:

Post a Comment