Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Unexpected Greatness

At first, we weren't going to run today because of the wind. Then, I saw that the wind was going to die down right as I was getting off work! Score! Then, I wasn't feeling the greatest, but I really wanted to run. I decided to push, even though I was sure I was going to regret it. I was just going to listen to my body and what it was telling me. We wouldn't go farther then we needed to. Keep it short. Keep it simple.

Well, what do you know, I felt fine. Great, really. Henri wasn't stopping as much to sniff and pee, so we just kept going. I didn't pay attention to what my Garmin was telling me. I kept it hidden in my sleeve and didn't look at it till the end when I thought, why only go 4.25? We can just go one more little loop. Why only go 4.5? We're already around the corner. We have to go back anyway. We can't stop before 4.75. We're so close now! So, we ended with 4.75, which I'm happy with. I wasn't expecting to feel that good or to go that far. Henri did great. I felt pretty good. Thumbs up!

Then I felt a little artsy fartsy, so here ya go!



Runs this year: 11


Miles run this year: 46.5

No comments:

Post a Comment