Thursday, January 12, 2017

Fuzzy Faced Motivation

I almost talked myself out of running today. I don't know why. I was looking forward to it all day. We finally had a break in the weather. There is more bad stuff coming. Why wouldn't we take this opportunity? My stomach was cramping up. Yesterday was leg day, my legs hurt. It was windy. Excuses! It was time to run! So, I decided to do an easy three today and hopefully we can get four plus tomorrow or Saturday, depending on the weather. Then, to make things more interesting, I put on my fast shoes. If we were just doing three, we should do them fast.

I am so glad we went on this run. I don't wear these shoes often because they have less stability. They felt so light, I felt like we were flying. Henri was so excited! He was galloping along, looking up at me like, 'Is this for real?' He had me laughing and smiling the whole time. He is so motivational, with his quick glances back. 'Are you keeping up? Let's go faster!' 



This is why I run with him. His joy, his spirit is contagious and makes me a better runner. I will probably never be able to run that fast or that far without him. I don't have to run that fast or that far with him. He loves running. If we can go fast, great! It's not necessary though. He always comes back with a smile on his face and so do I.

Runs this year: 3
Miles run this year: 11 (Yeah, that's right. We went an extra half a mile because it was so awesome!)




No comments:

Post a Comment