Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016/2017

It's a new year. The tree has come down, it's time to review the previous year and set goals for the next. I'd really like to be out on a run with Henri. It's a beautiful day. The sun is shining. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling well and sitting on the couch is what feels the best. So, I will spend the time reflecting on last years accomplishments and get new goals written out.

Ran 175 times

Ran 515 miles

5K P.R. 27:01

Min/Mile P.R. 8:17

While we've been running for a few years, I never really had any real running goals for us. While I've worked on my speed a little, for Henri's sake, the goal was just to be faster. As we've progressed this past year, I feel like we can set some real running goals (or at least I can on our behalf). While I've had some of these generally in my head, I'm going to set some specific goals because I know that's the best way to achieve them.


2017 Running Goals

1. Run 10K by February 10th. 

2. 5K P.R. 25:00

3. Min/Mile P.R. 7:00

4. Run 15K by June 1st

5. Run 10 Miles

6. Run organized race with Henri?

Ultimately, Henri having fun and getting some exercise is what's most important, so none of these goals really matter without him. I'm going to have to adjust based on his level of comfort and activity. If that means we never run more than 5 miles together, than that's what we do. We're a team. We're better together.

Also, this year, Henri and I have been selected to be FitFam Ambassadors (Well, mostly me, but I'm making Henri an honorary ambassador). My goal with the blog has always been to encourage others to run with their dogs, so this ambassadorship fits perfectly with keeping healthy and running together more in 2017. Hope to see you out there! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment