Monday, January 30, 2017

Give Me Some Sunshine

Today's run was not expected, but the sun came out! I kept walking by the window at work, disappointed that I was stuck inside and not able to run in the sunshine. The sun would already be going down when I got off work and I had to go to the post office before I went home. 

The thing about sunny days is that even when the sun is going down, it's brighter, longer, because the sun is actually out! I rushed home and got ready as quickly as I could, put on our safety lights, knowing it would be dark before we finished, and headed out the door. Henri was pretty excited about it. He must have been looking out the window all day thinking the same thing as I.

We made it! We got to run in the setting sun! The sky was pink and purple and even though the wind was picking up (It's supposed to be really windy tomorrow), it was so refreshing to be out in something other than grey skies. We only ran three miles, but it was worth just getting out. 


Runs this year: 10

Miles run this year: 41.75

No comments:

Post a Comment