Saturday, January 7, 2017

Going the Distance

Well, it took some pushing on my part...and some pulling on Henri's part, but we got our 4.5 miles in today! Henri is such a good sport. We ran by the house twice because we were only at 4.4-something and I refused to stop without my 4.5. He was so confused, but he kept with me. I thought he would just stop at the house and I'd have to leave him on the front porch while I ran up the street and back. I think our bond will really grow as he has to follow my direction more and we loop around to get our distance, rather than relying on routine.

There was still quite a bit of snow. I'm pretty sure nothing had melted. You could still see all the spots we ran yesterday. They were pretty much untouched aside from a few bird tracks. Nobody is going outside and yet, we were running. Both days.




I am exhausted. Between the snow yesterday and the snow AND distance today, I need a nap. Good thing it's Saturday!

Runs this year: 2
Miles run this year: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment